Welcome to 1980’s Sweden.
A once peaceful, rural setting - transformed overnight. The local population has gone missing, and machines of unknown origin roam the streets. Explore this vast open world to unravel the mystery of the invaders, perfect your fighting strategies and prepare to strike back.
Play alone, or together with up to three friends in seamless multiplayer, as you discover ways to defeat the invaders. Do anything in your power to level the playing field; scavenge for weapons and equipment, set traps and use the environment to your advantage in intense sandbox combat. In Generation Zero, living is winning.
- Go it alone, or team-up with up to three friends as you collaborate and combine your unique skills to take down enemies. As you shape your appearance and load-out, your gameplay experience will also evolve. Utilize guerrilla warfare tactics by setting up traps and ambushes. Support downed friends by reviving them, and share the loot after an enemy is defeated.
- All enemies are persistently simulated in the world, and roam the landscape with intent and purpose. When you manage to destroy a specific enemy component, be it armor, weapons or sensory equipment, the damage is permanent. Enemies will bear those scars until you face them again, whether that is minutes, hours or weeks later.
- Experience a full day/night cycle with dynamic weather effects like snowfall, rainstorms and violent winds, all simulated through the award-winning open world engine Apex. This world also features complex AI behavior, simulated ballistics, highly realistic acoustics and a booming soundtrack tailored to the open world.
- Among the loot, you will find outfits and hairstyles to recreate your favorite 1980s style to take on the machines in style. While some items come with stat boosts, and will improve your combat or movement efficiency, others are simply there to let you relive the nostalgic look of the 80s.
- Some enemies are too powerful to attack head-on. Instead, adopt stealth tactics by moving silently, exploiting the enemy’s senses and using the environment to your advantage. Shoot out a light and hide in the shadows, use a blaring boombox to draw attention, or find higher ground to stake out an area.