- Horror on a global scale – No longer confined to a specific location, the outbreak of the C-virus is worldwide with the action taking place in North America, Eastern Europe and China
The most expansive Resident Evil game to date- Experience the horror through four distinct yet intertwined campaigns:
- Play as Leon S. Kennedy or Helena Harper to investigate and uncover the evidence that will lead them to the truth behind the bioterrorist outbreaks
- Initially sent into Lanshiang to deal with an unprecedented bioterrorist attack, Chris Redfield and fellow BSAA member Piers Nivans soon realise that this is more than an isolated incident and they must fight on all fronts to defeat this global threat
- Jake Muller is a wanted man and together with Sherry Birkin the two must escape the clutches of those who realize just how valuable his special blood line is
- Ada Wong will need to use all her guile to infiltrate locations as she gathers the necessary intel.
- Not only does each story cross paths, but so does the action – At significant points when the narrative draws pairs of characters together, the all new Crossover mechanic allows up to four players to experience the horror together online
- Solo or co-op – Resident Evil 6 delivers both single and two player co-op gameplay either offline or online
A new challenge – Confront the results of the C-virus in all its varied and deadly forms
- Zombies make a return to the Resident Evil series, but can now run, jump at players and even use weapons, making them far more challenging than in previous games
- The enemy creatures known as J’avo can mutate damaged body parts into a variety of different forms, meaning players will have to rethink their strategy and adapt to this unpredictability
- The C-virus has also given rise to the Chrysalide, which take the mutation process even further as they undergo a full metamorphosis; spawning a whole host of horrific creatures
Agent Hunt Mode - In this all new online mode for the Resident Evil series, experience the action from the other side. As a ‘hunter’, join the enemy side to become one of the game’s zombies, J’avo or other C-virus mutations and infiltrate another active game session to eliminate the human characters.
- Complete a full campaign to be able to play Agent Hunt stages from that campaign
- Go online and search for other players who have agreed to accept Agent Hunt sessions
- ‘Jump’ into their game as one of the enemy characters and try and take the ‘agent’ out
- If the hunter eliminates the agent then they will be taken to a ‘hunt successful’ results screen where they can join another session if they wish
- The hunter’s enemy character is deliberately weaker than the agent they are trying to take down so they will need to employ new tactics if they are to succeed. To aid the hunter they are able to respawn continuously throughout the course of the session.
- If the agent is eliminated then their game session will end exactly as if they had been playing a standard game session with CPU enemies
- If the hunter quits the session then the agent’s game continues as normal with all AI enemies
Blending action and survival horror, Resident Evil 6 delivers an epic dramatic horror experience. Resident Evil favorites Leon S. Kennedy, Chris Redfield and Ada Wong are joined by new characters, including Jake Muller, to face a new horror, the highly virulent C-virus, as the narrative moves between North America, the war-torn Eastern European state of Edonia and the Chinese city of Lanshiang.
Starting with four distinct, yet interwoven story threads, each with their own pair of protagonists for either solo or co-op play, both offline and online, not only does Resident Evil 6 deliver both different perspectives and gameplay styles but, with the introduction of the innovative Crossover mechanic players can team up and share the horror. At key moments during the game, up to four players can join together online to tackle a specific situation, with some stages seeing the usual partnerships swapped to further increase the depth of gameplay.
Ada Wong, Resident Evil’s very own femme fatale, dives into a thrilling campaign of intrigue and infiltration, featuring unique missions, gameplay and weapons. Ada is available from the start, but with the other campaign secrets within her grasp, it may be best to save this one for last.
The new release for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One also includes all the available content from Resident Evil 6, including all the extra console version post-launch content (Siege Mode, Predator Mode, Survivor Mode, Onslaught Mode, The Mercenaries maps, ResidentEvil.net costumes and other Extra Content modes).