Enroute to wed his fiancée Luna on a roadtrip with his best friends, Prince Noctis is advised by news reports that his homeland has been invaded and taken over under the false pretence of a peace treaty – and that he, his loved one and his father King Regis, have been slain at the hands of the enemy.
To gather the strength needed to uncover the truth and reclaim his homeland, Noctis and his loyal companions must overcome a series of challenges in a spectacular open world - that is filled with larger-than-life creatures, amazing wonders, diverse cultures and treacherous foes.
FINAL FANTASY XV ROYAL EDITION will feature*:
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players can also take on a battle with the Rulers of Yore
- A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fish and recipes
- A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” - players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed
- A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective
- More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets
- All current season pass content including: EPISODE GLADIOLUS, EPISODE PROMPTO, MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES** and EPISODE IGNIS
- Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the FINAL FANTASY XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations. Through them, players will be able to obtain more information about the world
- Quest to obtain and strengthen Regalia Type-D
*Internet access is required
Engage In Action-Packed Battles: Customise your array of weapons and use each character’s unique assists in an exciting real-time battle system, that is both user-friendly and with depth to explore. Warp around the battlefield landing tactical strikes, special moves and conjure ever-more-powerful spells, as your party progresses in its experience.
Embark On A Journey Without Limits: Take the wheel and drive from the capital to the back roads with your best friends, or venture out on foot to discover a vast landscape of teeming wildlife, dangerous caverns and living cities full of adventure.
Experience Unbreakable Bonds: As Noctis, feel connections strengthen as you and your friends grow closer along the journey. Reclaiming ones homeland relies on strength and courage, and most importantly togetherness. Perform powerful cooperative moves in battle and revel in the teamwork displayed by Noctis and his friends.
FINAL FANTASY XV CHARACTERS:
- Noctis: Heir apparent to the Lucian throne, Noctis's trials begin when he sets forth from the crown city in order to wed the Lady Lunafreya Nox Fleuret. In combat, he wields spectral weapons that he forges from thin air, a power possessed by those of his royal line.
- Gladiolus: The Amicitia family has long served as the shield protecting the kings of Lucis and their household, and Gladiolus is its eldest son. The bond he shares with Noctis transcends that of a bodyguard and his liege. With his prodigious strength, he stands ever ready to keep his companions from harm.
- Ignis: Ignis was raised alongside Prince Noctis to be adviser to the heir apparent. An intensive education instilled in him the resourcefulness and composure required for the role, his tactical acumen proving invaluable over the course of the prince's journey.
- Prompto: Fast friends with Noctis since they met as teenagers, Prompto is a young man of common birth who finds himself out of his depth when tragedy befalls Lucis. Nevertheless, he strives to carry more than his own weight, lightening his companions' burdens as well as their spirits.
- Luna: Luna made many fond memories with Noct in their childhood, but their days of innocence ended abruptly when the empire overtook her home of Tenebrae. Through adversity, she became the youngest Oracle in history. Adored and respected the world over, she now travels in search of communion with the gods to aid Noct on his journey.
- Regis: The reigning monarch of the Kingdom of Lucis, Regis raised his son, Prince Noctis, on his own. For long years, he has sustained the Wall, a magical barrier that encases the Crown City, protecting it from invasion. However, tragedy would befall him at the treaty signing with Niflheim, during which he was reportedly slain.